Kawasaki’s 2016 Motorcycle Line Up
Looking over Kawasaki’s line up for 2016 there are some interesting bikes and looks. Here are MotoGeo’s favorites.
Of course we are excited about the new ZX10, for 2016 it comes with a whole load of the updates which helped the Kawasaki Racing Department secure the 2015 WSBK championship in dominating fashion with talented British rider Jonathan Rea. It was already a superb superbike, but now with suspension, geometry and electronic upgrades, it is likely to be a class leader.
Then we have the tried and trusted dual-sport KLR650, no massive changes but boy do we love the new Matrix Camo look!
For the Cafe-Racer lovers, Kawasaki have added a Cafe edition to their Vulcan S lineup, this smooth looking ride comes with a tinted wind-deflector and new styling.
And, the Kawasaki Versys is once again available in both the 1000 LT and 650 ABS models.
For more: www.kawasaki.com
Here some photos and below are more stats from Kawasaki about the machine mentioned above:
2016 KAWASAKI NINJA® ZX™-10R ABS
The all-new Ninja ZX-10R motorcycle brings race-winning performance and World Superbike-derived technology
With two World Superbike Championship titles under its belt, the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R ABS is already the most respected sportbike in the racing paddock, and now an all-new version builds on that reputation. The 2016 model is designed to deliver race-winning performance by utilizing the proven technology that propelled the Kawasaki Racing Team (KRT) to worldwide dominance. This new bike is the best platform for riders looking to set records on the track, as well as attaining the highest level of sportbike enjoyment on the road.
The new Ninja ZX-10R ABS motorcycle takes state-of-the-art mechanical design with the very latest rider electronics suite. The result is the ultimate superbike with the mind-bending performance of a more powerful 998cc four-cylinder engine on the track, as well as legendary Kawasaki reliability both on and off the track.
The 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R ABS is the highest performing, most track-focused sportbike available today for homologated racing use. It boasts World superbike-derived Showa suspension and a user-friendly electronics package that is exclusive to Kawasaki and only available to Ninja ZX-10R ABS riders. The electronics package is developed from Kawasaki’s World Superbike experience and includes KEBC Kawasaki Engine Braking Control, KLCM Kawasaki Launch Control Mode, KIBS Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Braking System, Corner Management Function, S-KTRC Sport Kawasaki TRaction Control and KQS Kawasaki Quick Shifter.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2016 KAWASAKI NINJA ZX-10R ABS MOTORCYCLE:
- World Superbike-derived Kawasaki Racing Team technology has produced the most track-focused sportbike ever
- NEW More powerful 998cc in-line four-cylinder 16-valve engine
- NEW Lighter crankshaft allows quicker revving and increased low-mid-range power
- NEW Pistons, head design, camshaft profiles and air box for better response and power
- NEW Computer-controlled electronic throttle valve delivers precise control
- NEW Lightweight titanium exhaust system
- NEW Close-ratio, cassette-type transmission is ideally suited to racing and gives strong corner exit acceleration
- NEW Chassis with new steering head position, swingarm rigidity and length, longer wheelbase creates balanced handling
- NEW Front cowl provides better aerodynamics, improves high-speed handling, reduces rider buffeting
- NEW Showa Balance Free Fork (BFF) and Balance Free Rear Cushion (BFRC) derived directly from World Superbike racing, first-time used on a mass-production motorcycle
- NEW Brembo M50 monobloc front calipers, 330mm Brembo rotors and master cylinder provide increased braking power, feel and heat dissipation
- NEW Electronics suite utilizes a Bosch five-axis IMU for KEBC Kawasaki Engine Braking Control, KLCM Kawasaki Launch Control Mode, KIBS Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Braking System, Corner Management Function, S-KTRC Sport Kawasaki TRaction Control and KQS Kawasaki Quick Shifter
- NEW Kawasaki Racing Team-inspired KRT Edition color scheme combining Lime Green and Ebony paint
- NEW Metallic Matte Carbon Grey finish
2016 KAWASAKI KLR™650
The rugged and tough 2016 Kawasaki KLR™650 motorcycle is built for adventure. It will take you where you want to go in comfort, year-round, and with a budget-conscious package. Riders on pavement or off-highway will benefit from the KLR650 motorcycle’s phenomenal fuel range from its 6.1-gallon tank. In fact, this innovator of the dual-purpose category will take riders practically anywhere they’ve dreamed of visiting.
The adjustable, long-travel 41mm telescopic front fork and Uni-Trak® rear suspension contribute to the superb balance of the dependable KLR650, providing excellent composure when ridden on canyon roads. It also offers significant bottoming resistance when ridden over technical off-highway terrain.
The multi-contoured, dimpled seat is narrow at the front for an easy reach to the ground, and wider towards the rear to enhance rider maneuverability and boost long-range comfort.
KEY FEATURES OF THE 2016 KAWASAKI KLR650:
- NEW 2016 Matrix Camo Gray color scheme available
- Torquey and durable 651cc four-stroke single-cylinder engine
- Long-travel 41mm telescopic fork
- Adjustable Uni-Trak® rear suspension
- Multi-contoured seat with dimpled cover
- 6.1-gallon fuel tank for long-range adventure touring
- Wind protection to reduce wind buffeting
- Sturdy rear cargo rack
2016 KAWASAKI VULCAN® S
Kawasaki adds SE and Café models to the Vulcan S line to further increase the appeal of this modern cruiser with its customizable
ERGO-FIT™ concept and smooth ride
For 2016, the Kawasaki Vulcan® S becomes a line of motorcycles with the same great features and even more appeal. It has the same low silhouette of a Vulcan cruiser, mixing it with Kawasaki sportbike-derived power and handling, as well as its popular ERGO-FIT custom fit concept, designed to comfortably fit a wide range of riders.
New for 2016 is the Vulcan S ABS Café, will incorporate a new tinted wind deflector and custom paint scheme. Vulcan S ABS SE, will feature a special two-tone paint finish. The Vulcan S and Vulcan S ABS models will also be available in two striking new colors to add to its overall appeal.
The new models in the 2016 Vulcan S motorcycle line-up are designed to enhance this very special motorcycle, which remains the only bike in its class with standard adjustable, forward-positioned footpegs, allowing a range of riders to get comfortable. It also has a low seat height, plus optional seats and handlebar to accommodate a wide range of riders. Furthermore, the Vulcan S boasts the lowest weight of any motorcycle in its class, and we all know what that means – easier to maneuver, quicker acceleration, easier to stop, quicker to turn and smooth suspension action.
Another standout element of the 2016 Vulcan S is its 649cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine. Derived from the Kawasaki Ninja® 650 and tuned for more low- and mid-range torque, the engine is very smooth when pulling away from a traffic light, and responsive when the rider wants to accelerate. This makes it suitable for novice riders, while its top-end power and the nimble handling will keep more experienced riders entertained all day.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2016 KAWASAKI VULCAN S:
- NEW Vulcan S ABS Café model introduced cool styling upgrades including a dark tinted wind deflector, custom stripe, tank panel and more
- NEW Vulcan S ABS SE model in striking two-tone paint option
- Low cruiser design, narrow chassis and comfortable, tapered seat make it easy to reach the ground in stop-and-go city traffic
- Standard adjustable footpegs to suit a range of riders, with Kawasaki Genuine Accessories seats and handlebar options to further tailor the fit
- Cruiser appeal with modern Kawasaki power and handling
- Proven 649cc, parallel-twin engine provides smooth power delivery
- Lightest motorcycle in its class, smooth suspension
- Standard ABS brakes (ABS model only) for greater confidence
- Full range of Kawasaki Genuine Accessories to customize the motorcycle